Our vision is to provide a first-class education to all students so that they make outstanding progress and get the chances in life they deserve.
Our ethos is summarised through our mantra, Culture + Consistency = Excellence. Put simply, this means that we have an achievement focussed culture where we do not put a ceiling on what our students can accomplish. This really matters; academic results open doors for our young people. We aim to be consistent in our approach to everything that we do, never compromising on our high standards so that all our students, no matter what their starting point or circumstance, thrive and achieve their absolute best
We live and breathe our student values of respect, responsibility, determination and excellence. These values reiterate positive attitudes to build character and support our students to develop into well rounded citizens, who are well prepared for their next steps in life.
We treat others how we would like to be treated, showing kindness and good manners. We are honest, demonstrate good morals and do the right thing even when no one is watching.
We are responsible for the choices we make and believe that taking responsibility for our actions wins the day. We learn from our mistakes, move forward and improve.
We believe in ourselves to be the best that we can be and do not give up.
At all times we display a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude; we get on, do it and make it happen.
We value our education and aspire to excellence in everything we do. We have high expectations of ourselves, our work and our behaviour, always committed to pushing ourselves to do our absolute best.
Core Values and Guiding Principles
All staff at Carleton High School live by a set of core values and guiding principles. They inform and guide our daily work, to ensure we deliver a first class education to our incredible students.
ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT EXCUSES
- We have an unwavering focus on achievement. This is paramount so that all of our children and young people enjoy greater life chances.
- We take responsibility for ensuring that they succeed. We own our own performance and do not rest on our laurels or seek to blame others.
PUPILS COME FIRST
- Our schools are run for the benefit of children and young people, not the ease of adults. Their achievement comes first and staff in schools and the central Trust office work to this end.
- The Trust aims to keep low priority tasks away from front line teachers and leaders so that they can focus explicitly on our core business of teaching and learning.
OUR PEOPLE MATTER
- We know that our people make a difference to the lives of our 3-16-year-olds. We want to make our schools places where great teachers want to teach, lead and build a career. Investment in the recruitment, development and retention of the best people is a top priority.
- We aim to provide professional work environments where our people have the support and tools to do a great job and push our children and young people to scale new heights in a safe and secure environment.
“STRONGER AS ONE”
- We take collective responsibility for each other and the results of all of our children and young people. We enjoy sharing our success as a Trust while recognising the strengths of individuals and each school. To this end collective accountability is rooted in a “if one fails we all fail” mentality.
As a family of schools we collaborate with each other, challenge each other and share best practice. We do not let competition get in the way of our desire to get the best outcomes for all.
EXCELLENCE AS STANDARD
- We set high standards. “Good enough” is simply not. We do not accept second best from our pupils or ourselves.
- The Trust aims to be a highly reliable school improvement organisation that is disciplined in its approach to improving performance. A Trust with clear plans, and simple and precisely executed systems that not only develop and sustain excellent performance, but never stifle individual flair.