Our vision is to provide a first-class education where all of our pupils have the opportunity to make outstanding progress. This really matters; academic results open doors for young people and in our achievement-focused learning culture we do whatever it takes to make sure our pupils – no matter what their starting point or background – get the chance in life that they deserve. On top of this, we are committed to caring for each and every member of our school as individuals, nurturing their strengths and passions, and helping them grow to be confident and successful young adults in today’s fast-moving world. Our approach works through proven systems and processes that promote discipline and the highest quality of work in the classroom. Outstanding behaviour in school means that pupils can concentrate on their learning in a safe and happy environment, while teachers can focus on delivering engaging lessons to their classes and continuing to grow their own professional skills. From the way in which our pupils respect each other, to their impeccable attitude in lessons and the pride that they take in the school itself, it is clear that our mantra of ‘Culture + Consistency = Excellence’ delivers results.
Carleton High School is part of Pontefract Academies Trust. All of the schools in the Pontefract Academies Trust family live by a set of core values and guiding principles. They inform and guide our daily work, from the classroom to the central team.
ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT EXCUSES
- We have an unwavering focus on achievement. This is paramount so that all of our children and young people enjoy greater life chances.
- We take responsibility for ensuring that they succeed. We own our own performance and do not rest on our laurels or seek to blame others.
PUPILS COME FIRST
- Our schools are run for the benefit of children and young people, not the ease of adults. Their achievement comes first and staff in schools and the central Trust office work to this end.
- The Trust aims to keep low priority tasks away from front line teachers and leaders so that they can focus explicitly on our core business of teaching and learning.
OUR PEOPLE MATTER
- We know that our people make a difference to the lives of our 3-16-year-olds. We want to make our schools places where great teachers want to teach, lead and build a career. Investment in the recruitment, development and retention of the best people is a top priority.
- We aim to provide professional work environments where our people have the support and tools to do a great job and push our children and young people to scale new heights in a safe and secure environment.
“STRONGER AS ONE”
- We take collective responsibility for each other and the results of all of our children and young people. We enjoy sharing our success as a Trust while recognising the strengths of individuals and each school. To this end collective accountability is rooted in a “if one fails we all fail” mentality.
As a family of schools we collaborate with each other, challenge each other and share best practice. We do not let competition get in the way of our desire to get the best outcomes for all.
EXCELLENCE AS STANDARD
- We set high standards. “Good enough” is simply not. We do not accept second best from our pupils or ourselves.
- The Trust aims to be a highly reliable school improvement organisation that is disciplined in its approach to improving performance. A Trust with clear plans, and simple and precisely executed systems that not only develop and sustain excellent performance, but never stifle individual flair.