Carleton High School has been rated as 'Good' following an inspection on 4th and 5th July 2019. We are delighted with the Ofsted inspection result. The inspection clearly recognises just how far we have travelled as an organisation since we restructured in 2018.
The Ofsted inspection has given us the endorsement that the staff deserve. The school has some great people with a passionate commitment to our community and our students.
Quotes from the Report:
- Leaders have significantly improved the school since the previous inspection.
- Accountability for improving pupil achievement is a golden thread that runs through the work of the school.
- The trust has been instrumental in driving these improvements at a dizzying pace.
- Behaviour routines are well embedded and conducive to learning throughout the school. Pupils feel safe in school.
- Through an effective and comprehensive careers programme, pupils are well informed about the next steps in their education, employment or training.
- The chief executive of the trust has been proactive and highly visible in and around the school. Pupils and staff agree that there has been a significant change in the way the trust operates.
- Leaders and managers have shown a steadfast determination to improve the school. Leaders have built a climate in which consistently high expectations for both staff and pupils are now the norm.
- Leaders are highly visible in, and around the school.
- Staff morale is high.
- The curriculum provides a good range of opportunities for pupils to develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
- The quality of teacher explanation and questioning are strong.
- Pupils have a good understanding of how well they are doing and how they need to improve.
- Teachers demonstrate good subject knowledge and use formal and informal ways of assessing how well pupils are doing.
- Pupils have a wide variety of opportunities for extended writing and there are a range of initiatives to encourage pupils to read.
- There is a culture of vigilance when it comes to keeping children safe in school.
- Pupils take a real pride in their school.
- There is a wealth of emotional and academic support.
- A number of staff spoke about the pride that they have in their school.
We will continue to strive to be even better every day in every way, but the Ofsted performance is a wonderful endorsement of the progress that we have made over the last few years.
If you would like to view the full Ofsted Report, you can download it by clicking here.