Carleton High School was inspected in July 2019 and was rated 'Good' overall. We are now firmly on a trajectory to becoming Ofsted 'Outstanding' at our next inspection.
Quotes from the Report:
- Leaders have significantly improved the school since the previous inspection.
- Accountability for improving pupil achievement is a golden thread that runs through the work of the school.
- The trust has been instrumental in driving these improvements at a dizzying pace.
- Behaviour routines are well embedded and conducive to learning throughout the school. Pupils feel safe in school.
- Through an effective and comprehensive careers programme, pupils are well informed about the next steps in their education, employment or training.
- The chief executive of the trust has been proactive and highly visible in and around the school. Pupils and staff agree that there has been a significant change in the way the trust operates.
- Leaders and managers have shown a steadfast determination to improve the school. Leaders have built a climate in which consistently high expectations for both staff and pupils are now the norm.
- Leaders are highly visible in, and around the school.
- Staff morale is high.
- The curriculum provides a good range of opportunities for pupils to develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
- The quality of teacher explanation and questioning are strong.
- Pupils have a good understanding of how well they are doing and how they need to improve.
- Teachers demonstrate good subject knowledge and use formal and informal ways of assessing how well pupils are doing.
- Pupils have a wide variety of opportunities for extended writing and there are a range of initiatives to encourage pupils to read.
- There is a culture of vigilance when it comes to keeping children safe in school.
- Pupils take a real pride in their school.
- There is a wealth of emotional and academic support.
- A number of staff spoke about the pride that they have in their school.