As a school, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2019 our students excelled, achieving the best results in the history of the school. Please click here for more information.
This places Carleton High School as one of the most improved schools in the country for student outcomes, and we are now one of the highest performing secondary schools in the Wakefield Local Authority for student progress.
Some particular highlights from the GCSE 2019 results are shown below:
• Science: our Biology, Chemistry and Physics results are in the top 10% in the country.
• English: a quarter of all of our students achieved GCSE grades 7-9.
• Maths: our students achieved over a quarter of a grade better than their peers nationally, making us the second highest performing Maths department in the Wakefield Local Authority.
• Subject successes: we are now in the top 25% in the country for 11 different subject areas including Sociology, Computer Science and History to name a few.
• High Grades: 47 grade 9s were awarded (the new, very highest grade achievable) and a third of students achieved at least one grade 8 or a 9.
• Progress 8: This measure demonstrates how well a school can support students to achieve beyond the levels that they are predicted from their starting point in Year 7. Carleton High School achieved one of the highest Progress 8 scores in the Wakefield Local Authority; our students achieve better than their peers nationally in all key measures.
Our Summer 2019 key headline measures are as follows: